The major function of Field Wing of Agriculture Department is to ensure food security & sustainability for increasing populace and to alleviate poverty with the following functions:
- Land Levelling / Development & Improvement through Bulldozers.
- Groundwater Exploration through Electrical Resistivity Meter Surveys.
- Exploitation of Ground Water through Tubewell Drilling.
- Soil & Water Conservation Interventions and Rain Water Harvesting Activities in Barani Areas.
- Research, Development and Adaptation of Modern Agricultural Machinery.
- Promotion of Farm Mechanization Through Capacity Building of Farmers, Manufacturers & Extension Workers.