The vision of the Government of the Punjab is self-reliance, food security, efficient input use and averting post-harvest losses etc. To achieve this vision, the objectives of Agriculture Department are food security management holistically, emphasis on innovative technologies to bring vertical crop productivity and increase farmers’ income through increased crop productivity, better support price and diversified agriculture. As an ingredient to achieve the vision, the following projects will be launched in future.
- Rehabilitation of Eroded, Gullied Land Through Soil Conservation Measures in Hill Torrent / Barani Area of Southern Punjab
- Strengthening of Well Drilling Services Through Procurement of Power Drilling Rigs
- Provision of Agricultural Engineering Advisory and Extension Services
- Establishment of Agricultural Machinery Testing, Evaluation and Certification Centers
- Punjab Agricultural Pumping Efficiency Improvement Program