The vision of the Government of the Punjab is self-reliance, food security, efficient input use and averting post-harvest losses etc. To achieve this vision, the objectives of Agriculture Department are food security management holistically, emphasis on innovative technologies to bring vertical crop productivity and increase farmers’ income through increased crop productivity, better support price and diversified agriculture. As an ingredient to achieve the vision, the following projects will be launched in future.
- Establishment of Agricultural Machinery Testing Evaluation and Certification Centers in Punjab
- Promotion of Agricultural Mechanization
- Introduction and Promotion of Cotton Picker in Punjab
- De-Stoning of Agricultural Land in DG Khan District for Productivity Enhancement
- Strengthening of Mechanization Services Through Provision of Power Tillers along with Set of Implement to the Small Farmers of Potohar Region.